I've had those days. I had one of those days today. I have some tips that may help us all try to avoid the frumpy feeling.
- Lose weight. This is always easier said than done and never an immediate solution. What you can do is layer your clothes or wear stuff that doesn't make you look boxy.
- To go with not being able to lose weight fast enough, another trick is to dress to look thinner.
- "Modernize" your hair. Again, this is not always something easy to do but w all know someone who still wears their hair as if it's 1983. Avoid the teasing and the hairspray. Give it a softer look.
- Avoid clothing that makes you look like your grandma. Not that looking like grandma is bad but if you are 25, why do you want to dress like you are 65.
- Last, and most definitely not least is to be comfortable in your own skin. Being comfortable with yourself helps a great deal and it also exudes confidence
These are just some ideas I thought of from years of observing people including myself. I know when my hair doesn't look right I'm in a foul mood. I have a habit of buying tops too big and then complain that they make me look boxy or frumpy.