Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

De-Stressing...

For the past few weeks I've been trying to find some simple and inexpensive ways to relieve some stress. I've been so busy at work that I have gone days without eating lunch. Not because I don't get the time to take my lunch but because I have so many things on my mind and so many things that I am working on the time goes by and I forget to eat. So each day I have been coming home and trying to find different ways to de-stress as I call it. I realized that I needed to do something when I heard my 5 year old say he was so stressed out while playing with his toys.

In the past I would drink tea, preferably ginger or lemon tea. Recently I found a new tea that I absolutely love. It's a white blueberry tea by Lipton. I'm not a Lipton tea drinker but I LOVE this tea. I also listen to calming music sometimes. Another way I have been doing it is surfing the Internet. That of course takes up a lot of my nighttime rituals but I have found that it has been helping. I'm doing something mindless and not thinking about work. I also find that reading something funny helps quite a bit. The other night I drank some milk before bed and slept like a baby. Not once did I dream about work while sleeping. Of course, there's also getting a massage but that can get expensive. Instead I find that a nice inexpensive pedicure works as well.

What are some of your tricks to relieve stress?

No comments:

Post a Comment