Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wow...

Wow...today I realized that I am maturing as a parent and I didn't even know it. My only child started Kindergarten today and it feels like I was just pregnant. The last 5 years went by so quickly. Needless to say, I was in a bit of a panic for about two months. I was concerned about how he will adjust, what he will eat, will he be emotional, will he listen to his teachers, what will I pack him for lunch. Down to the wire I was yesterday (Yoda much...LOL). I hadn't bought anything to even begin to prepare lunch for him. Then I began worrying about his shoes being too big. Of all the things and times to have to worry about those two things the day before school begins and having errands to run after work. Well, I made it happen but not effectively I must say. First off, I sent my husband on a hunt for either insoles for my son's shoes or something to tide him over until maybe December. He came back with something really cute but he let him wear it out of the store which means it was scuffed and he paid too much for it. While he did tat, I went to the grocery store. I had no clue what I wanted to get.

Lesson learned after yesterday: Never go to the grocery store without an idea of what you want. You will walk out with items you do not want or need. Never wait until the last minute to plan or organize a milestone event in your life

No comments:

Post a Comment